Sunday, October 25, 2020

I Worked On My Shadow Panel Trio Today

 Would you believe I haven't touched these since 2017 and packed them away after finishing the appliqued shadow panels.  It was originally going to be a quilt but since I already had it sewn in strips and I no longer tackle quilts on my sewing machine, I thought of a better use for them.  Today I worked on borders.  Got those all done.

I call this simply "Gifts' as a working title because of the gifts in the bottom block.  This will be a table runner I think.

This working title is "Noel" for the bottom banner.  A door hanging would work out fine.

This is 'Stocking" again so named because of the bottom block.  Another door hanging in the making.

Next step is layering and pinning and quilting, then adding the binding.  That will take a bit of doing.  First, though, I have to remove the stay stitches I have in some of the blocks.  I needed those to hold the layers together for the shadow effect.  I can do that while I sit and watch some TV easy enough.  The next steps take more effort and will take a few days to manage.

Its been a nice sunny day so my sewing mojo was back in force.  I also did so sketching for other Xmas wall hangings. 

Here's my latest sketch..... "...And A Piece of Cheese and...." 

I hope you are all having a good day.  Hugs, S

No comments:

Post a Comment