Thursday, September 29, 2022

I WAS ABLE TO HARVEST A LITTLE TODAY.

 I checked thru my garden plot today.  I actually tried to pull out my tomato stakes but not enough energy.   My son tells me he will do that for me this weekend when he visits.  He put them in for me and they are certainly solid.  Its nice to have a son who will do little things for me now and then.

Today I harvested a few things......

I was lucky to get 3 more tomatoes along with Italian parsley, thyme, and chives.  The thyme's aroma is so delightful.  I think that may be the last of the tomatoes.  But on a sweet note, I found 1 sweet pepper growing on each of my 2 plants.  They are still small and green.  I checked the weather report and we may be pretty close to frost temps next week, maybe even on Sunday.  If it looks like frost, I will quickly pick them.

My neighbor who has several Marigold plants posted a note for anyone to harvest what they like.  He will be pruning them out this week sometime.  I cut myself some to brighten my apartment.  They are colorful, but sorry to say they are not aromatic.  Still, its a nice fall look.

One vase of Marigolds.

Have a delightful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment