Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Moving Along With My 3 Latest Door Hangings

 I finally got back to my Easter and Spring door hangings.  I needed some flowers for the fields but before I could choose the fabrics, I had to reshuffle one of my fabric shelves into specific piles: Bark/Walls, Backgrounds, Scenics, Flowers, Skies, Greens/Grasses.  With that done, choosing began which is always a tough workout for me.  I change my mind too often to suit me but in the end, I chose what I thought worked.

Here is "Ceramic Bunnies in the Field" with its flowering background added.  Its still in the early stages.


Here is "Ceramic Eggs in the Field" with its flowering background and also some trims around the eggs which is just pinned so I could see it it would work for me.  I like it so far.  


This is "Irises in the Birches" which is just started with background and birch trees.  I am deciding on colors for the 3 Iris that will be center front and how I plan to add the white.  I am thinking of doing white satin-stitching around their outer edges both narrow and wide and having the flower a solid color in the center sections.  I usually do the opposite; have a colorful flower and add white bits in the center of the petals. 

I love working with Replique (upside down applique) which is this method on all three.  Satin-Stitching outlines the objects so they stand out a bit more.  Its like when I was a child and colored in my coloring book.  I learned that outlining the objects with black crayon made them stand out so well.

Time for lunch and a rest for me.  Have a good day.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment