Friday, May 21, 2021

My Tomato Seedlings Arrived Today from Territorial Seed

 I am so pleased with these 4 starter plants.  They are so darn healthy and ready for planting. I have always had good luck ordering from Territorial Seed in Oregon when I wanted started plants.

Now that they are here, for me that means transplanting to larger pots for now since I am not ready, nor is our garden, for any veggie plantings.  

The taller plantings are the 4 tomato seedlings.  Two Red Robin which are shorter only growing about a foot tall and the taller Lizanno plants that grow a foot and a half.   All looking mighty healthy.  I will ttransplant them into 2-liter bottles tomorrow.

Another view of them beside the Stevia and Thyme to their left.

Eagerly awaiting the outdoors are my three mini-red pepper seedlings being nurtured under the lights. These produce small sweet peppers, only about 2 inches across and 1 1/2 inches long.  Great for snacking.

They are healthy and bright and again, I am waiting for our garden space to be available.  Luckily in Maine we do not have to plant these outdoors until the first week of June if the weather holds without any frosty evenings.

I hope you are all enjoying your spring weather.  And I hope for some, that includes some outdoor gardens, whether veggies or flowers or bettet yet, some of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment