Wednesday, September 16, 2020

I Fried Some Eggs, Including the Free-range Hen's

 I wanted to check the yolks on the free-range eggs I received.

Notice the egg on the left with the darker yolk.  That's the free-range egg.  I thought I would make a couple eggs once-over-lightly to compare.  The one on the right is my store-bought large egg.

The other good thing about the free-range egg, the yolk is larger compared to the white albumen which is great for me.  I love the yolks but do not care for the whites of eggs.  And yes, if you look closely you can see that the egg on the left, smaller but yellower, is the free-range egg.

As for taste, I think they are about the same with maybe the smaller egg being a bit tastier but that could be wishful thinking on my part.  My palate is not my best feature.  

So when it comes to eggs my friends, if you can get farm-fresh, I would say you have a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment