Sunday, September 6, 2020

Grill Your Hot Dogs Without a Grille

 I don't know about you, but I prefer my hot dogs grilled rather than boiled or steamed.

I found a simple way to do this indoors without a grille.

You can easily grille your hot dogs on the stovetop...I won't eat hot dogs that are not grilled.  Here's how........

I score about 9 or 10 slits about 1/8" or a bit more deep with a sharp knife, on two sides of a hot dog.
Place them on a plate in the microwave for about 45-50 seconds.  I just want them to heat thru.  They will curl a bit and weep, but that's ok.
While those are heating take your hot dog rolls and brown them in a dry non-stick skillet. I do not butter the rolls. You do not want the skillet greasy for the hot dog grilling.
Remove the rolls and add the heated hot dogs to the skillet.  Again, no butter or grease.
Place the dogs in it.  Let them brown a little on all sides, turning the dogs as they cook.  They will turn brown and curl a bit in just a minute or three.
When they are done to your liking and hot right thru, place them in your buns. Top with your favorite toppings.

I had my son pick up some Nathan's all-beef franks this week.  They are the only kind that do NOT give me any indigestion.  I plan to have my own little party tomorrow with frozen French fries as a side dish.


Here it is in photos:

Score the hot dogs with a sharp knife, about 9 or 10 times across on two sides of dogs.


Brown your unbuttered rolls in the ungreased skillet.  You do not want the skillet wet for the rolls or the hot dogs.


Here are the hot dogs out of the microwave oven.  A bit curled and warmed thru.

Grill your hot dogs in the skillet turning often til they are your desired doneness.

Serve them as desired.

Easy Peasy and they taste great!

No comments:

Post a Comment