Thursday, February 13, 2020

Just Checking In. A Little Snow is Falling.

I am watching the snow fall outside my window.  Its so pretty.  The snow on the trees across the river are still full and white.  Its in the high 30sF today so not so bad for a Feb. winter day here in southwestern Maine.

Nothing new to report.  I have lost a total of 18 lbs. since my ailment in early Dec. and I am trying to keep it off and even drop a lot more if I can.

My method is half meals.  Instead of 2 sandwiches, I make only one.  Instead of a full bowl of soup, I serve myself only half a bowl.  In the snack dept I just don't buy them as in the past.  A bit of chocolate now and then, my chips are the No-salt ones and since they are not very tasty (but they make a good accompaniment with a sandwich instead of fries) I don't eat too many.  Of those kind I can truly say "I can only eat just one."  I eat more salads which tend to fill my empty spaces more reliably.  You know, after being careful for a few weeks, it tends to get easier not to over-indulge.

My order of Farmer's Cheese from Andrulis in Michigan is expected today.  I have already planned my menu to include only the cheese and a simple cukes and tomato salad with very little dressing.  If anyone is interested, try
https://andrulischeese.com

I buy the plain cheese to which you can add whatever seasonings you prefer as you dine.


I wish you all a good day.
Hugs from the north country.

No comments:

Post a Comment