Monday, April 19, 2021

Our Gardens are Starting to Bloom

 Its April 19th and its sunny and mild today here in southwestern Maine.  Tempts near 60F but with a very strong breeze that whips you like a cold wet towel.  Still, I will enjoy it.  Its spring.

Here are some photos I took of our back garden today......

Our birches are lovely with the peeling bark.  We have a couple of triple stands in our garden.

Here are some of our lovely daffodils in white and yellow.

Here's one of our garden plots with white, blue and yellow showing this spring.

I have no idea what these small blue flowers are named, but they are adorable. They may be Muscari which is the Grape Hyacinth.  These are very small.

We have three main garden areas off our back patio.  This is the first one.

The second plot is on the right in this photo and closest to the lawn in the back yard.  You can also see the container garden area on the left.

This is the 3rd area which also has a cluster of white birches among its garden features.   So far its just daffodils and jonquils.  There are many leaves for the tulips but no blossoms showing yet.  And the Hyacinths are still not up.  

I am enjoying our spring.  I will enjoy it more when they put in  the raised beds for the tenants.  I am on the list to get one.  I have already ordered some potting soil online so I can sow some seeds in Solo drink cups so they are ready for my plot at proper transplanting time.  The four mini tomato plants I ordered from TerritorialSeed.com are scheduled for delivery the end of May.  Our last frost hits around Memorial Day so I did not want them here too soon.  My fingers are itching to get in the soil.  

I hope everyone is enjoying their spring and getting out in the fresh air when they can.  Be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment