Friday, December 18, 2020

Add Crisco or Peanut Butter to Cups Neatly and Cleanly

 I always dreaded cleaning up after making dough.  The measuring cup for the Crisco was always a greasy mess and hard to clean.  I have solved that problem by using clear wrap. Oh, yes, I tried using clear wrap by lining the measuring cup, but it was awkward and hard to get proportions correct.

I just place a blob of Crisco on a piece of clear wrap.  Make sure its large enuf to stick into your measuring cup.

With the weight of the first spoonsful of Crisco, you just place the blob into your measuring cup and presto, its going to be neat and clean.

Measure a couple of spoonsful of Crisco onto a large piece of clear wrap.

Place the wrap into your measuring cup.  Press your Crisco down into the wrap.  Now you can add more Crisco on top til you have the correct amount.

Top off the cup for the amount you need.  Now just slide out the clear wrap from your cup and plop the Crisco into your flour.  Nice and clean and easy to clean up afterwards.
I found that peanut butter works this same way. 

This idea made my day.  Enjoy.  Hugs, S 

No comments:

Post a Comment