Monday, June 1, 2020

I Am Back to Sewing After Many Months.....

It feels so good.  The weather is co-operating with my body.  I cannot stand too much heat whether from Mother Nature or from the heating system in this building.  Maintenance tried to adjust it for me, but it stays too warm on this corner of the building.  I get the early morning sunshine into the early afternoon and it heats up my two outside rooms (living room and bedroom) so that I rarely even have to have the heat going in the winter in my apt.  They are saving natural gas with me.
Health wise I am also improving and my cardiologist is very happy with me, too.
Anyway, that meant a venture into sewing.
I pulled out a WIP (Work in Progress) which is a stained-glass rose feature wall hanging.  I added the last of the elements along with the leading lines.  The next step is a big one, doing the leading itself and will have to wait for another day.
Not tomorrow since maintenance should be putting in my A/C unit either tomorrow or Wed.  I need to wait for that to get done due to distance and health.   If they are as lax as last year, they will forget me entirely and I will have to wait an extra week for my unit.  I hope they are here tomorrow.
Here's a close-up look at the roses.

This is a full view of the works.  You can see the black stitching that marks the leading lines between the features.  I will also satin-stitch around all the leaves, roses, and frame before I'm done.

Its a great day today here in Maine with temps in the 50sF which is wonderful for me.  I do not need to run the fans and sewing in my corner was no effort at all.  I hope for several more comfy days in my future especially since maintenance is supposed to put in my A/C unit tomorrow.  That keeps me alive and well for the summer.
Have a good day friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment