Thursday, March 26, 2020

I Made Egg Yolk and Potato Salad

I continue to make foods that will last me a few meals.  Living alone, that's not difficult.  Today I made my Egg Yolk and Potato Salad which I love.  It also has chopped onion and very thinly sliced cucumber with the seeds removed but the green skins still intact and salt and pepper to taste.
If you want my recipe, go back to July 23, 2019 and find it in pictures.  I give the step-by-step instructions for this tasty salad.
I eat eggs, but am not a fan of egg whites so I make mine with hard-boiled eggs with the egg whites removed.  Hence the title, Egg Yolk and Potato Salad.
The good thing about this is it will last me at least 4 or 5 meals as a side dish.  Makes my food rations last longer.
Another tip that works for me...…....  Living alone, my stash of dirty dishes is not very much each day so I usually do them once an evening all at once.  I just pile them up in the sink til I am ready to wash them, running some hot water over them to soak off any hard bits.   Today I started doing them every two days instead.  That way my Dawn dish detergent will last twice as long and I do not have to buy more as often leaving more Dawn on the shelves for larger families that need it.

I hope everyone is being careful, especially us older folks.  I am staying isolated and when I go out to take out the trash or do my laundry, I wear my N95 germ mask/respirator.  I also take along a disinfectant wipe to wipe down things I have to touch or after I have touched them, too.  
Stay safe everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment