Monday, June 17, 2019

Yellow Rose Stained Glass Started

I love Stained Glass so I am making a stained glass wall hanging by quilting it.
Here is the drawing.  I actually copied this idea from the computer and printed it out in sections to give me a larger drawing.  Its not exact since I just took the idea and went with it a bit further.
I have a neutral background and it will be square when finished.

So far I have tacked down the frame and the leaves.  Next will be the roses themselves and lastly the leading needed to make this a stained glass piece of art before satin stitching to make the effect of stained glass.
I needed a change from what I was doing, the fabric collage, and this piece has been on the drawing board for over a year.  It deserved my attention today.

Lovely day here in Maine, in the 70sF and sunny.  I love weather in Maine in the spring, summer and fall.  Of course, I could do with a change in the winter, like maybe a condo in Florida, but that won't happen unless I win the lottery and darn it, for that, I must buy tickets.  So for now, I just stay indoors when its too cold or snowy and enjoy the warmth of my little apartment and doing things I love.

I wish you all a good day.  Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment